Friday, March 13, 2020
A message from Mr. Uki, Sun Noodle’s founder and president:
At Sun Noodle, our commitment to high quality noodles extends to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We make it a top priority to ensure everything we make meets the highest standards of food safety.
We want to let you know about the measures we are taking to address COVID-19, the novel coronavirus outbreak currently impacting countries throughout the world. Our hearts go out to those who have been affected by the outbreak.
According to the USDA and FDA, there is no evidence at this time that suggests COVID-19 can be transmitted by food or food packaging. However, as a food manufacturer, we take any public health issue extremely seriously. We are following recommended guidelines for COVID-19 set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and our local Departments of Health in the states we operate, along with our standard procedures for food safety and quality control. This includes:
- Supporting rigorous hygiene practices, including requiring employees to wash their hands frequently and wear gloves when handling food products. Hand soap and alcohol-based hand sanitizer are available at each of our facilities.
- Conducting temperature checks for every employee prior to their shift to check for signs of fever and other respiratory symptoms. We are advising employees who have any signs of illness to rest and recover at home.
- Temporarily suspending all business-related travel.
- Asking employees who have recently traveled, or plan to travel to Level 2 or Level 3 countries, to self-quarantine at home for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- Increasing cleaning frequency by our sanitation teams at each of our facilities.
We encourage you to reach out to us to discuss any concerns. We promise to communicate any updates as quickly and transparently as we can.
Thank you for your continued trust and support.