To celebrate Black History Month in February, we teamed up with the AMAZINGLY talented Chef Rasheeda Purdie (@ramenbyra) to give a Southern twist to our Spicy Sesame Ramen kit. Try her easy Southern Ramen recipe!
- 1 Sun Noodle Spicy Sesame Ramen Kit
- 1 bunch pre-cut collard greens
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 of an onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 cup black-eyed peas
- About 20 bean sprouts
- 6 bamboo shoots
- 1 scallion sprout (cut or julienne)
- 1 soy egg
- 1/4 tsp 7 spice
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (optional)
Sautéed Collard Greens
- Warm the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, onions and spices (sugar, salt, pepper, smoked paprika and chili flakes), stir frequently, and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add collard greens, mix well to evenly coat with the spices. Turn heat down to medium-low, cover with lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- If you prefer a softer texture, cook between 5-6 minutes.
- Lastly, turn off heat, mix well and set aside for ramen.
Spicy Sesame Ramen Kit
- Boil noodles in 7 cups of water for 2 min & 30 seconds and stir noodles occasionally.
- Mix 1 pack of soup base with approximately 1-1¼ cup of hot water.
- Drain noodles and place noodles in your ramen bowl.
- Add your toppings and carefully pour broth into the bowl. Slurp and enjoy!