Submitted by: Michael Choe and Kai Kojimoto of Frolic Hawaii
View Recipe on Frolic Hawaii
A creative take on the classic American burger, served on a ramen noodle bun.
2 green onions
1 thick-cut pork belly slice
2 leaves of bok choy
1 pack Sun Noodle miso ramen kit (2 servings)
- Cook the noodles until al dente (still slightly firm).
- Strain the noodles and mix with 2 eggs (1 egg per serving).
- Separate the noodle-egg mixture into 2 bun-sized bowls.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes (or more).
- Cut green onions into thin strands. They will begin to curl on their own.
- Boil the bok choy for 1 minute.
- Lay bok choy leaves on paper towel to drain.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of miso paste (from ramen kit) with 1 cup of water and bring to a simmer
- Add the pork belly and simmer in the broth for 10 minutes until completely cooked
- Take the pork out and sear both sides on high heat
- Take the noodles out of the refrigerator and pan fry both sides of each noodle-bun
- Fry one egg, sunny side up
- Assemble bun, bok choy, pork belly, dab of miso paste, green onions, bean sprouts, fried egg, bun
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.