Submitted by: Wina Kim
View Recipe on Youtube
A quick and easy gyoza recipe you can prepare with the whole family!
1 package Sun Noodle gyoza wrappers
1 Tbsp oil for frying
1/4 cup water
1/2 lb ground pork
3 cabbage leaves, finely chopped
Chives, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, grated
1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp sake
1 tsp sesame oil
pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp corn starch
- Combine filling ingredients in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in the center of the gyoza wrapper.
- Wet the edge of the wrapper. Fold and pinch the top and bottom half of the wrapper together. Pinch and pleat around each edge to seal.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan. Working in batches, add gyoza to pan (flat side down) and pan fry on one side for 8 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, cover with a lid and steam for 10 minutes. The water will evaporate and the bottom of the gyoza will become crispy.
- Serve with sauce made from soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili oil.
Extra gyoza can be frozen uncooked. To cook, follow directions above (no defrosting necessary).