Hiyashi Chuka with Sake Steamed Chicken
By Chef Moe Kuroki of Oisa Ramen Pop-Ups
Cook Time: 10 min
Prep Time: 15 min
1 pack of Sun Noodle Miso Ramen Kit
Sake Steamed Chicken Ingredients
- 1/2lb Chicken Breast
- ¼ tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp sake, for steaming
Egg Omelet Ingredients
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Starch
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt, a pinch
- 1/3 English Cucumber, julienned
- 1/4 cup Cherry Tomato, cut into halves
Dressing Ingredients for (Yields 1 Serving)
- 1 pkg of Sun Noodle Miso Soup Base
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Chicken Drippings
Sake Steamed Chicken Directions
Place the chicken breast in a microwave safe bowl and poke it with a fork.
Season with salt and pepper then pour the sake over the chicken breast.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and microwave for 6 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Once it has cooled down, shred the chicken into strips and save the leftover drippings for the dressing.
Egg Omelet Directions
- In a bowl, beat an egg and add water, starch, sugar, and salt; mix well.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, evenly coat the pan with oil.
Pour in egg mixture and evenly distribute in the pan. Cook the egg until the bottom is set then flip over to cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the egg sheet to a paper towel to cool. Once the eggs are cool enough to touch, cut into strips.
- Mix all the ingredients together and set aside
Ramen Noodle Directions
Cook noodles according to packaging.
Once cooked, drain the noodles and rinse in ice cold water.
Drain the noodles from the ice water bath and place in a serving bowl.
Assemble and Slurp!
Garnish the ramen noodles with shredded steamed chicken, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, egg strips and pour dressing over.
Mix everything together and slurp!