Cold Buster Ramen
Submitted by: Crave at the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.
Image Credit: Cindy Ellen Russell
A warm bowl of ramen packed with immunity-boosting ingredients to relieve cold symptoms.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 1 Sun Noodle ramen kit (we suggest shoyu or miso)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, diced
- 1 clove of fresh garlic, diced
- 1 stalk green onion, sliced
- 1 baby bok choy
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- ½ medium carrot, peeled and sliced into thin coins
- ¼ pound sliced cooked chicken or tofu
- Cilantro leaves and sriracha sauce for garnish
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; set aside soup base packet. Drain noodles.
- In a large pot, heat sesame oil over medium.-- Add ginger and garlic; sauté until fragrant.
- Add packaged soup base and amount of water - specified on package (10 to 12 ounces for Sun Noodle brand).
- Add carrots.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add bok choy, red pepper and green onion; continue to cook until heated through.
- Ladle broth into 2 bowls; add cooked noodles.
- Top with chicken or tofu, then garnish with cilantro and Sriracha.