Hawaiian Style Carbonara Pasta
Okinawa Soba and saimin soup base make for a comforting Hawaiian-Italian fusion.
1 pkg. Sun Noodle Okinawa Soba
1 clove minced garlic
3 slices (thin) of Spam
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup diluted S&S soupbase (1 cup cold water : 1 pkg. S&S soupbase)
½ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp. pesto sauce
- Cook the spam in a frying pan over high heat.
- Add olive oil when spam is slightly brown.
- Add minced garlic and cook until brown.
- Meanwhile, cook Okinawa Soba in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain water from noodles.
- Once garlic is brown, turn down heat to medium-low and add S&S soupbase and heavy cream.
- Add noodles to the pan and mix well with sauce and spam.
- Add pinch of salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Toss until noodles are coated with the sauce then turn off heat.
- Add two fresh eggs to the noodles and mix well again.
- Transfer the noodles to a serving dish and add pesto sauce on top.
Garnish with basil leaves to give the soup a rich taste.