Cook Time: 5 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
1 package Sun Noodle Cake Noodle
Stir Fry Ingredients:
8 tbsp oil, divided (use as needed)
½ lb. Protein of choice (beef, shrimp, chicken, etc.)
1 Carrot, peeled and sliced
2 Bok Choy, sliced
½ Onion, sliced
4 Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
½ can Bamboo Shoots, sliced
1 clove of Garlic, minced
1 inch Ginger, minced
½ Stalk Green Onions, sliced
1 package Sun Noodle Shio Soup Base
1 cup Water
Cornstarch Slurry Ingredients:
4 tbsp Cornstarch
½ cup Water
In a bowl, add soup base, water, and cornstarch slurry together. Mix well and set aside.
- Add ~3tbsp of oil in a large pan or wok over high heat. When the pan starts to lightly smoke, add in vegetables and cook until tender. Fry onions, carrots, mushrooms, bok choy, bamboo shoots, ginger, garlic, and green onions.
- Remove vegetables from wok and set aside. Cook protein thoroughly, add more oil as needed.
- In the same wok, on medium heat, combine stir fried vegetables and sauce to protein. Cook until sauce thickens to a gravy-like consistency and set aside.
Remove Cake Noodle from package and gently separate noodles. In a pot, bring water to a boil and cook noodles for 30 seconds. After the noodles are done cooking, strain (with a hand strainer) and mold into a circular shape.
Pan Frying Noodles
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add remaining oil, let it heat until it starts to lightly smoke, then place shaped noodles into the hot pan. Constantly press and fry it until it is golden brown on one side, once it’s browned, carefully flip the noodles to fry the other side until crispy. Add more oil if needed.
- When the noodles have a nice golden-brown coating, transfer the noodles onto a cutting board and cut the noodles into squares. Plate the noodles on a serving plate and pour the stir fry sauce over (garnish with remaining green onions). Serve hot and enjoy!