Submitted by: Wina Kim
View Recipe on Youtube
- 1 package Sun Noodle gyoza wrappers
- 1 Tbsp oil for frying
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 3 cabbage leaves, finely chopped
- Chives, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sake
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Combine filling ingredients in a bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture in the center of the gyoza wrapper.
- Wet the edge of the wrapper. Fold and pinch the top and bottom half of the wrapper together. Pinch and pleat around each edge to seal.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a pan. Working in batches, add gyoza to pan (flat side down) and pan fry on one side for 8 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, cover with a lid and steam for 10 minutes. The water will evaporate and the bottom of the gyoza will become crispy.
- Serve with sauce made from soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili oil.
Extra gyoza can be frozen uncooked. To cook, follow directions above (no defrosting necessary).