Submitted by: honeygrow
- 1 pack Sun Noodle classic wavy ramen noodles
- 1 red radish, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp bean sprouts
- 1/2 Tbsp shiso leaves, julienned
- 2-inch piece kombu
- 1/4 cup bonito flakes
- 1 quart water
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce, low sodium
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- Combine water and kombu, let soak for at least 6–8 hours.
- In saucepan, add water/kombu liquid plus bonito flakes and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes. Let cool. Strain broth.
- In mixing bowl, add eggs and mirin. Using a fork, gently scramble the eggs until mixture becomes yellow with no pockets of white.
- In a nonstick pan, add a little cooking oil and about 1/3 of the eggs. Allow eggs to cook in a thin layer. Using a rubber spatula, carefully fold egg into a roll. Continue to add more egg, let cook and fold until you have used all the egg and a thick rolled omelet has formed. Remove from pan and let cool; slice into 1-inch slices and set aside.
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse in ice water; allow to cool.
- In mixing bowl, toss noodles with approximately 1/4 cup dashi broth. Place in a bowl. Garnish with sliced radish, bean sprouts, tamago (egg) and julienned shiso leaves.